Tags

Ward Wrap Up


 
 
 
 
 
Well here’s this week’s episode of Ward Wrap Up.

Tuesday 12th was our Council Meeting; again we had a full house! Agenda Items such as

 

o   The Healesville Saw Mill Site Redevelopment. Motion to deny application (Unanimous).

o   Mooroolbark – Building of 10 dwellings – Approved.

o   Amendment request to Clarify Provision Relating to the Emerald Tourist Railway Board (Puffing Billy). Some questions needed answering and an amendment to the motion was carried.

o   Questions and Submissions from the Public.

o   Councillor Motions - Motion to Rescind a Resolution and Adopt an Alternative Motion. Ethical Paper Pledge – Again the motion was lost 5 to 4.

 

Saturday 16th was our planning and budget day which a lot of options were discussed, the Council officers will be reporting back over the next few weeks to give all of us some options regarding our budget spending. We also discussed the survey results and the main theme it seemed was “back to basics” so that has well and truly been heard.

 

Sunday 17th I headed off to Baynes Park Monbulk to catch up with the volunteers of Landcare. They are doing a great job around the park  getting rid of the weed problem. Great work guys!

 

On Monday 18th we had the great pleasure of hosting the Collingwood Football team at a small civic reception at Lillydale Lake. Councillors MCarthy, MCallister, and Childs were also there to welcome the team. Later that evening we headed to Rochford Wineries for the Collingwood dinner fundraiser (for Healesville Football Club) was a great turn out and I’m sure there were a few bucks raised on the night.

 

Tuesday 19th was our forum meeting; we had a visit from CFA to talk about the Bushfire Management Overlay, and also a representative from VGV to talk about property valuations.

 

Wednesday 20th I was looking forward to my first Agribusiness meeting but I had to head into the Alfred Hospital and it was a nightmare on the roads getting home! Sorry guys will catch you at the next one!

 

Thursday 20th – I headed into the VLGA’s offices to attend the “Being Deputy Mayor” workshop, was great to network with other councillor in the role and get many different points of views.

 

Sunday 24th – Was disappointed I missed out on the Billy Cart Races in Upwey, I headed down round 3pm and it was all finished, bugger! Oh well, I’ll definitely get there next year! Looked like a great day!

 

As you can see, I have a new blog design, thanks to the guys in IT helping me out, I have added a survey on the page, would like to hear from you, it’s just a one tick survey (Poll). Also I have added when I’m next at the Monbulk Living and Learning Centre, this will be a time where you can come and have a chat with me and see if I can help out in anyway.

 

See you all again soon, keep an eye out on my blog for updates!

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo