Tags

Olinda Pool Update #2










Hi all, progress on the status of the Olinda Pool is progressing. There has been an initial report finding from the engineers regarding the pool structure. I will preparing a report and initially advising the president of the "Save the Olinda Pool" it will then be made public shortly after that, it should be this week!

Council have also been progressing with the motion put up but Cr Cliff regarding the feasibility of a pool liner similar to the one used at the Croydon Pool with an onsite meeting planned with Council and the Pool liner company to further inspect this option, along with the contractor who advised that the sealing the pool could be an option. I will be hearing from council officers as soon as this takes place to see what feedback there is about these 2 options.

I want to make it clear to all that I do support the reopening of this pool, I'am encouraged by the official formation of the "save the Olinda pool" group, this is strong evidence that there is community commitment to see this pool continue.

I am being realistic about time frames and other aspects of the pool reserve which also need to be addressed. I don't want to see a quick fix just so we can open it for the last few weeks of the warmer season. I want a proper fix that would see this pool be enjoyed by all for at least another 10 years.

Please be patient and if you are keen to help, make yourself know to the "Save the Olinda Pool" group and become part of a group committed to keeping this great community asset alive.

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo